8 Ways To Make Extra Money At Home
- Gina V
Are you looking for a side hustle to make a little extra money?
What would you do with a little extra money each week? Pay bills? Buy groceries? Perhaps save it for a vacation or a deposit for a house?
This post contains affiliate links.
Over the last few years, I became more interested in working from home. I wanted to escape the 12 hours shifts, the stress, and the pressure from the NHS management. It’s not easy to start working from home, but if you know how to save money, then you can start your own business from home.
I must admit that initially, I was panicking, thinking that I do not know anything else but nursing; however, after some research, I found that nurses and not only have transferable skills which can make extra money working from home. You can easily start any of these opportunities with minimum investment or even no cost. And these options are not just for nurses; these are for everyone who wants to start working from home.
It’s never been easier to make extra money from the comfort of your own home!
Consider these ideas to make extra money from home
Become a virtual assistant
A virtual assistant is providing administrative service to clients from a remote location, usually from home. If you can copy and paste data, making phone calls, and manage email accounts, then you can easily become a virtual assistant. While some of the tasks involved may be more complicated than copying and pasting, most tasks will not need much skill or experience, yet can earn you a healthy amount if you find the right client.
- There are dedicated sites online, such as Upwork, where you can bid for virtual assistant jobs. Reed.co is one of the sites that offers you this kind of job. You can also find work on social media if you keep your eyes open.
- The salary starts from £20 per hour- so depends on you how many hours do you want to dedicate to this. Most of the time this is a self-employment position, which means you are paying your taxes.
Sell on eBay, Amazon, or Facebook Marketplace
We all have things around our homes that we no longer want or need. Rather than leaving them to gather dust, you could list them for sale online. I sold my son’s toys and books on eBay and Facebook Marketplace and with the money I bought him, from the same markets, games, and books for his age.
- eBay is well known for secondhand products. If you want to sell on eBay, you just need an eBay account- which you probably have from the time you bought something and start selling. You can look for similar items and click “Sell it yourself.” When you decide on the price, make sure you take into consideration the fee. As an example, if you sell a product for £20, you charge the buyer £3.5 for shipping, you will have a profit of £16.67.
- Amazon has cheaper fees for individuals; however, you must take into consideration the competition that exists on Amazon. The fee is only 75p for each sold item if you sell less than 35 items. For example, if you are selling a book with £20, the buyer pays the delivery, and you receive £19.83
- Facebook Marketplace is a fast-growing market where you can sell your products. All you have to do is click Marketplace on your Facebook, + Sell Something, enter information about your product, Upload quality photos, and Post. No fees are for this type of selling.
- You could even buy from other sellers cheaply before relisting the items for a small profit yourself.
Become a beauty representative and make extra money
It is a flexible job- work from home, your hours. To be a beauty representative, you must be registered as self-employed. You get all the support you need, free training, and most of the time you will have your own online shop. The more you sell, the more you earn. You have the chance to buy the products before even comes on the market at a lower price. AVON, Oriflame, Mary Kay, Forever Living, doTerra are just a few of the companies are looking for independent representative.
Sell services on Fiverr
Fiverr is an Israeli online marketplace for freelance services. If you have any skills, such as writing, design, or many others, you can offer your services on Fiverr or one of the many marketplaces online.
Work may be slow when you first start selling on these sites, but once you start making sales and your reputation grows, you can start to make more money.
Start a blog
Do you have a particular passion or subject that you know a lot about? If you do, consider writing a blog. Whether your passion is dogs or fashion, if you can write about the subject, then your audience will grow.
Before long you’ll be able to earn money from commissions from products you recommend or from accepting advertising, like Google Ads, on your site.
Social media management
Nowadays, most people and businesses have a social media presence. If a company wishes to reach its target audience, it is important to keep posting content to its social media accounts. This is where you can come in and offer your social media management services.
If you have any experience in growing a social media following, you can charge these companies to grow their channels for them.
Affiliate marketing involves creating content to promote various product offers and services. You receive a commission for any product bought from your affiliate link. You can promote these products on your blog or social media accounts. If you are interested in this option, check Brandon Schmidt’s blog which presents 11 Best Affiliate Programs for Beginners.
- There are thousands of niches to choose from, with plenty of money to be made from selling in-demand products.
- You can find products to promote from marketplaces like Clickbank, Amazon, or JVZoo. You can also find many websites that offer affiliate programs for their products.
Create online courses
This can also be a great way to make money at home by teaching others how to do any skill that you know. There are many ways to do this.
- You can create a digital product that you could sell, like an eBook.
- You could create a YouTube channel where you teach your skills to others. With YouTube, you may not make much money to start, but if you stick with it, creating new videos regularly, then you could grow a following and create a passive income stream that could last for years.
- Create courses to upload to course marketplaces like Udemy, Teachable, Kajabi, or many more. You make money by selling access to your courses.
If you know how to do anything online or know more about a topic than the average person, you can monetize that skill or knowledge online.
So which side hustle do you fancy? Making money at home is certainly possible, and for some of the ideas, you need extraordinarily little skill or expertise, making them suitable for just about anyone.
Follow me to find out more information about each and every option described above. In the next couple of weeks I will offer you a detailed post with all the information and how to start making money from home.